- August 14, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quicken Support
Quicken is an accounting software package for small business. This software has many benefits such as graphically data representation, remote accounts entry, analysis tools, information storage, mobile account access, and electronic distribution of invoices. It is the best way to pull a report and keep track of organization finances all in one place.
Are you a Quicken user? Sometimes you may need to move Quicken data file from one computer to another. That is why we are going to guide a user how to do it properly. Moving your files along with the program or software.
On the other hand, before we explain all the steps for moving Quicken data file. We want to be familiar with some facts. These areas follow:
- Buying another copy of Quicken software is not necessary in case of transferring Quicken data file.
- Another way to reinstall from a CD copy.
- Transfer Quicken data file through USB drive such Pendrive, External Hard Disk.
- Does not open or run Quicken on a network.
- The computer system where you want to send Quicken data file must have the Quicken Software same version installed on it.
- Therefore transferring data, you must close Quicken Software.
The process of transferring a Quicken data file from one computer to another as well as Quicken for Windows and Quicken for Mac.
Quicken file transfer one computer to another for Window
There are following steps follow to transfer Quicken data file for Windows. These are the following:
- You need to install Quicken software on the new computer. This software must be in the new release. When you install Quicken, it will automatically update but if it is not happening, then you can contact Quicken support service.
- Open Quicken on your old “Computer System” and select the “File Back up”.
- Now Backup your data file to an external drive(pen drive) or disc, such as a USB drive, that you can use to move this back up to your new computer.
- Try to connect an external drive (Pen drive) to the new computer system.
- On the computer system locate the external drive. In Windows 7, you can go to Start > My Computer.
In Windows 10, right click on start button =>File Explorer.
- Then move your “Quicken Data File” from drive to your new computer system.
- Open Quicken, and select the File > Restore Backup File. Now select Quicken backup to “restore” the data file.
- Click Save and OK.
Quicken file transfer one computer to another for Mac
There are following steps follow to transfer Quicken data file for Mac. These are the following:
- Install Quicken on your new computer system
- Put a Copy of your Quicken file on an external disk
- On your old computer, open Quicken and select File > Save a Backup.
- Now Backup Quicken data file to an External Drive or Disk, and in addition a USB drive, that you can use to move this Backup to your new computer system
- Then “Restore your “Quicken Data File” on the new computer system.
- Connect your external drive or disc to the new computer system.
- Now open Quicken, and select File => Restore from Backup
- After select Devices it, then double-click backup file will be created.
- Now select a location as well as your choice to save the restored file such as local drive, folder and so on. Then click Restore.
- Now click OK.
We hope you understand all the steps described in the top to bottom order move Quicken data file from the old computer system to a new computer system. However, in case of any problem, you can connect Quicken Support number anytime 24×7 hours available.
Benefits of Quicken Data File
- Create invoices and save for future use.
- All invoices collection process easy.
- Monthly and Yearly tracking sales, payroll, taxes, and expenses.
- The user easily manages account and create, paying bills, etc.
- Helpful for calculating commission (pulling sales reports.)
- Quicken accounting software used in many areas such as multiple bank accounts and payment methods in one place. Bank also use for different accounts such as a checking account, credit card, PayPal, etc.
Conclusion: Quicken is one of the most popular accounting software for small businesses. When it comes to choosing this software is the cost involved. It is easy to access, manage and restore all report. This software has the most effective features a user can easy to install and use it. You can access to your financial accounts and backup data remotely. Quicken software installs one computer system and access one to more computer system.